150g glace cherries
125g candied peel
125g blanched chopped almonds
275g plain flour
Pinch of salt
1 level teaspoon grated nutmeg
Half a teaspoon of mixed spices
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Grated rind of one lemon
Rum or brandy
- Mix all fruit, spices, almonds, lemon and rum into a bowl. Mix well and leave over night.
- Cream margarine and sugar and eggs. Mix again and add flour. Gradually, add the fruit mixture.
- Line a cake tin with grease proof paper, 5cm above tin.
- Below the cake, on another shelve put a baking dish, half with water. This keeps the cake moist. Candied fruit will not get dry and the top will be even.
120 g ground almonds
120 g icing sugar
120g caster sugar
1 eggSieve the ingredients of A thoroughly together and make a bay.
- Sieve the ingredients of A thoroughly together and make a bay.
- Place the ingredients of B in a saucepan and warm.
- Transfer the contents of saucepan to the bay. Mix into a smooth paste