180g caster sugar
180g butter, softened
80g plain flour
150g ground almonds
100g marzipan, cut into 1cm/½in pieces
icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Cut out squares of baking parchment that would easily cover the holes of a bun tray. Line each one.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, then gradually introduce the flour and ground almonds. Continue to beat until all is well incorporated.
- Fold the marzipan into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the lined cups of the bun tray. Scatter 3-4 berries over each one.
- Bake the cakes for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve warm.