Short crust pastry (See Ricotta Pie)
1 kilo cooked spinach
1 large tin of tuna in brine
3 or 4 garlic cloves
100g black olives, stoned and chopped.
freshly grated nutmeg
fresh basil chopped
grated lemon rind
1 egg lightly beaten
- Wash, peel and chop the leeks and garlic. In a large frying pan heat some oil and fry the leeks, onions, garlic to a nice golden colour. Add the cooked chopped spinach, drained tuna, freshly grated nutmeg, chopped basil, chopped olives, grated lemon rind and seasoning. Mix carefully so as not to squash the mixture.
- Preheat the oven, 1800C, Gas Mark 4.
- On a lightly floured table roll out half of the pastry and line a pie dish with it. Fill the dish with the tuna mixture. Roll out the remainder of the pastry. Moisten the edges of the pie dish and cover the pie dish with it.
- Cut two slits in the top of the pastry lid to allow the steam to escape. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in colour.