4 soft cheeselets
100g grated cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
freshly grated nutmeg
For the shorcrust pastry
112g cold water
- Sieve the flour. Add the margarine, cut into smallish lumps, then begin to rub it into the flour using your fingertips only and being as light as possible. Add this mixture to the flour mixture. Add the cold water and work into a dough.
- Preheat the oven, 1800C, Gas Mark 4.
- Put the ricotta in a large bowl and mash either with a fork or with a potato masher. You have to mash till the ricotta is smooth and creamy. Add chopped parsley and eggs to the ricotta mixture and blend well. Add seasoning and freshly grated nutmeg. Mix well till all the ingredients are combined.
- On a lightly floured table roll out half of the pastry and line a lightly greased 25 or 30cm pie dish with it. Fill the dish with the ricotta mixture. Roll out the remainder of the pastry. Moisten the edges of the pie dish and cover the pie dish with it.
- Seal the rim of the pastry to the dish by pressing the back of a fork down onto the pastry all the way around the edge. Cut two slits in the top of the pastry lid to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in colour.