Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
280g all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
500g ricotta cheese (680g)
350g powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tsp grated orange peel
½ tsp ground cinnamon
150g powdered sugar, sifted.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Work in butter with your finger tips. Add egg yolks, blending as quickly as possible. Continue to work pastry on a floured surface using a spatula until blended. Roll out pastry.
- Press into bottom and side of a 10-inch spring form pan. Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat together cheese, sugar, egg, egg yolks, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Pour cheese mixture into pastry-lines pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until firmly set. Remove from over. Turn off oven heat.
- For meringue, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold in powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time. Spread ½ the meringue over cheesecake. Decorate with additional meringue using a piping bag. Return cheese cake to warm oven. Let it sit in oven for 30 to 40 minutes to set meringue.