2 pints of fresh raspberries or 1 jar seedless raspberry jam
2 to 4 tbsp warm water
50g powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur or other sweet liqueur
6 fresh peaches, peeled, halved or 12 canned peaches halves
50g granulated sugar
300 ml water
1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Rinse fresh raspberries. Puree raspberries and ¼ cup water in a blander or food processor; sieve to remove seeds. If using jam, heat in saucepan with about 2 tbsp water.
- In a large bowl, combine raspberry puree or heated jam mixture, powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and liqueur. Refrigerate fro 1 hour.
- To prepare fresh peaches, in a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and 2 cups water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add fresh peach halves. Poach 5 to 10 minutes until just tender. Cool peaches in syrup.
- Place a shallow layer of ice cream in bottom of 6 glasses or dessert dishes. Top each with 2 cooked or canned peach halves, then 2 scoops of ice cream. Pour raspberry mixture over each.
- Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.att ċatt. Ferra’ z-zalza tal-frawli fuqhom u żejjen bil-weraq tan-nagħniegħ.