3 egg yolks
130g all-purpose flour
25g butter or margarine
2 orange juice
half lemon juice
1 tsp grated orange peel
1 tsp grated lemon peel
4tbsp orange liqueur
2tbsp cognac, for flaming
- Beat egg yolk; add milk, half and half. Sift flour, sugar and salt into mixture; blend well. There should be no lumps.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
- Cover and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter or margarine; add to batter.
- Over a medium heat, warm a medium skillet that has been greased with butter or margarine. When pan starts to smoke, pour in enough better to thinly cover base of pan. Shake pan to prevent crepe from sticking.
- When bottom is golden, turn crepe to cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For sauce, melt butter or margarine in a skillet over low heat. Stir in sugar, orange and lemon juice and orange and lemon peel. Allow liquid to evaporate slightly so sauce thickens, then stir in liqueur.
- Immerse each crepe in orange sauce. Fold crepes in quarters; arrange on a serving dish.
- To flame, warm the cognac. Sprinkle lightly over crepes. Carefully ignite. Serve immediately. Makes 16 to 18 crepes.