1½ tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 lime, zest only
½ lime, juice only
1 red chilli, finely chopped
75g butter, softened
2 live lobsters, about ½kg each
- Light the barbecue 30 minutes before you want to eat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the chopped coriander, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and red chilli. Beat in the softened butter until well combined.
- Once the lobsters have been killed, cut each in half lengthways. Discard the matter in the head section. Remove and discard the sac behind the eyes. Remove any green tomalley (liver) and the roe in the body section. Remove the claws, crack them and set aside.
- When the flames have died down and the coals are ash-white, place the lobster claws onto the grill and barbecue for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until the claw meat is completely cooked through.
- After turning the claws over to cook on the second side, add the lobster halves, cut-sides down, to the grill. Barbecue the lobster halves for 3-4 minutes, then turn them over and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the lobster meat is cooked through. ( The lobster meat is cooked through when the flesh is firm and opaque and the shells have turned from dark blue to bright red.)
- When the lobsters are cooked through, spoon the lime, chilli and coriander butter over the lobster meat.