125 g all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
80g cup unsalted butter
3 to 4 tbsp water
312gr cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp butter, melted
40g cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp grated orange peel
120 ml cup whipping cream
50g cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205C). In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until pieces are size of small peas.
- Add 3 tbsp water; toss with a fork until all flour is moistened and mixture begins to form a ball.
- Add more water to crumbs in bottom of bowl, if necessary. Gather dough into a flat ball. Roll our to a 12 inch circle.
- Fit pastry into a 10-inch fluted pan, pressing to side and bottom of pan. Do not stretch.
- Prick lightly with a fork.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs and butter.
- Sift flour gradually into cheese mixture. Blend well. Add vanilla and orange peel
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream, gradually adding the sugar.
- Fold whipped cream carefully into cheese mixture.
- Pour cheese mixture into pastry-lines pan; smooth top. To make glaze, combine egg yolk, sugar and water. Glaze top of cheesecake lightly. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.