1.135kg (2lb 8oz) Flour
225g (8oz) Butter
225g (8oz) Sour Cream
225g (8oz) Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and sour cream, beat well.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thickness; cut into shapes.
- Place on onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 190°C: 375°F: Gas 5
- Bake for until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for a minute, remove biscuits to wire racks to cool.