Makes: approx. 10
225g (8oz) Flour
110g (4oz) Butter
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tbsp Milk
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C: 350°F: Gas 4.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Rub in butter until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Dissolve sugar in milk, stir into mixture, to form into stiff dough.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into ¼ inch thickness; cut into rounds.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes then remove to wire racks.