Makes about 50-60
450g (1lb) Plain Flour
450g (1lb) Caster Sugar
225g (8oz) Butter
1 Egg, beaten
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
½ tsp Ground Ginger
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C: 300°F: Gas 2.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding the sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg and stir into the mixture.
- Gradually fold in the sieved the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and ground ginger to the mixture.
- Form into small balls and flatten each on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.