Makes approximately 30
110g (4oz) Self Raising Flour
25g (1oz) Butter
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C: 300°F: Gas 2
- Place the butter and syrup into a heavy saucepan and warm until it has melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the bicarbonate of soda and vanilla essence.
- Beat in the flour.
- Allow to cool.
- Roll out the mixture on to a lightly floured surface until wafer thin.
- Cut into shapes with biscuit cutters.
- Place on greased baking sheets
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.