900g (2lb) Castor Sugar
900g (2lb) Flour, sifted
450g (1lb) Butter
225g (8oz) Icing Sugar
8 tbsp Milk
Raspberry Jam (for filling)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C: 350°F: Gas 4.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding the castor sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, mix thoroughly.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into ¼ inch thickness; cut into rounds.
- Place on onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then remove to wire racks.
- When cooled spread jam on a round, then cover with another round.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough milk to produce a spreading consistency.
- Spread on the top of the assembled biscuits.
- Top each biscuit with half a cherry.