450g (1lb) Self Raising Flour
110g (4oz) Butter
110g (4oz) Sultanas
50g (2oz) Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat oven to 190°C: 375°F: Gas 5.
- Rub the butter lightly into flour, lifting the mixture to add air, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and sultanas.
- Add the salt and bicarbonate of soda, mixing in enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Pat or roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1.5cm (½ inch) thick, cut into 4cm (1½ inch) rounds.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.