450g (16oz) Quick Cooking Oatmeal
450g (16oz) Flour, sifted
225g (8oz) Butter
225g (8oz) Brown Sugar
110g (4oz) Peppermint Sweets, crushed
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
340g (12oz) Icing Sugar, sifted
3 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Peppermint Sweets, crushed
1 drop Food Colouring [Optional]
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add to the mixture.
- Fold in oatmeal and peppermint sweets and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C: 350°F: Gas 4
- Roll in 1 inch balls and place onto a lightly greased baking tray
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and glaze.
- For the topping; Combine the icing sugar, milk and food colouring and mix well.
- Drizzle on biscuits and sprinkle with crushed sweets.