450g (16oz) Flour
225g (8oz) Butter
225g (8oz) Sugar
225g (8oz) Nuts, (Hazel, Brazil, Pecans), finely chopped
1 Egg, separated
1 tbsp Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg yolk. Mix flour and cinnamon.
- Spread on mixture onto two lightly greased baking trays.
- Brush slightly beaten egg,.
- Sprinkle with nuts, patting down lightly.
- Preheat oven to 170°C: 325°F: Gas 3
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars whilst still warm.
- Do not remove from baking trays until cooled.