900g (2 lbs) Dates
565g (1lb 4oz) Flour, sifted
340g (12oz) Sugar
225g (8oz) Glacê Cherries
225g (8oz) Glacê Pineapple
225g (8oz) Toasted Almonds
225g (8oz) Brazil Nuts
225g (8oz) Butter or Margarine
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Fold in dry ingredients, fruit and nuts, to produce a stiff batter.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 170°C: 325°F: Gas 3
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for a minute, remove biscuits to wire racks to cool.