Makes: approx. 60
565g – 625g (1lb 4oz – 1lb 6oz) Flour
225g (8oz) Butter
170g (6oz) Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 Egg White, lightly beaten
4 tbsp Almonds, chopped
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Almond Extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg and almond extract..
- Sift together flour and salt and add to the mixture.
- This should produce a pliable dough, chill 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Roll out each portion in to a sausage shape, about 24″ long. Divide each into 2″ strips.
- Place onto lightly greased baking trays.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Preheat oven to 190°C: 375°F: Gas 5
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until biscuits feel firm and are lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then remove to wire racks.