565g (1lb 4oz) Plain Flour
340g (12oz) Caster Sugar
225g (8oz) Butter
1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, gradually adding sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cream of tartar, mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thickness; cut into shapes.
- Place on onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 190°C: 375°F: Gas 5
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute, remove biscuits to wire racks to cool.