2.27lt (4 pints) Milk
225g (8oz) Self-Raising Flour
50g (2oz) Caerphilly Cheese, grated
40g (1½oz) Butter
40g (1½oz) Castor Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C: 425°F: Gas 7.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Add the sugar.
- Rub in butter until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Stir in enough milk to produce a firm dough.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into 1½ – 2 inch thickness; cut into rounds.
- Place onto a well greased baking tray.
- Brush with milk and
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Makes 6 Scones
- Serve hot and buttered.