For 4 persons
1 pork fillet
onions chopped in rings
carrots cut lengthwise
salt and freshly ground pepper
chilli pepper. If it is not to your liking, this ingredient can be omitted.
- Trim and remove all fat from the fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and the chilli pepper. Mix well till the mixture resembles thick cream.
- Spread this mixture over the meat and coat with sesame seeds.
- Prepare a baking tray and line the bottom with onions and carrots. Place the meat on this vegetable mixture and bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with gravy.
half litre water
2 tablespoons gravy mix
- When the meat is cooked, remove from the dish and transfer it on to a plate.
- In a small bowl mix the gravy mix and half of the water. Mix well.
- Drain off the fat from the roasting tray into a saucepan, and put ion a moderate heat. Add the gravy mixture and stir continuously.
- Pass through a sieve. You can add either vermouth or sherry to the gravy.
- Serve with the cooked meat.