2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
50g/1¾oz garlic and herb soft cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon plain flour, seasoned
1 egg, beaten
25g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
- Make a slit along one side of each of the chicken breasts, to form a pocket, making sure you don?t cut all the way through.
- Mix together the cheese and garlic and divide between the chicken pockets.
- Close the chicken pockets and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Dip each chicken piece in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle over the oil then bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the filling is beginning to ooze out.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables or salad.